Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Player Profile: Henry

"Hammering Hank" is what Rich calls him as he knocks the ball out of the park each game day. Henry, who attends each and every game, is a first grader at Davis School in Bedford (where his classmates include girlfriends Lily and Abigail)! Our resident flirt, Henry spends his weekdays charming his teachers at school. When he's not in school or rounding the bases at MLM, he can often be found out on runs with Dad. In the last year, he's participated in two half marathons, several 5k's, and most recently the Boston Marathon. While Andy does the running, Henry clears the way with a a lot of cheerful "hello's," and a gentle "get out of the way" here or there. It should come as no surprise that Henry loves music, playing games and reading stories on the iPad.




My favorite part of Miracle League is...watching all my teammates having fun and getting to hang out with pretty volunteers. It helps having your mom be the volunteer coordinator who always makes sure I have a girl helping me.

My favorite baseball team is...the Chicago Cubs, or Team Youkilis.

My favorite players are...Kevin Youkilis or Abigail and Lily Hartman.

When I'm not watching baseball, my favorite show is...Signing Time.

The best song I've heard is...Jump by Kris Kross.

My drive to ML on Saturdays is...pretty short, as I only live a couple of miles away. However, I have to get to the field early to help my mom sign people in. I'm never the first player though. Josh H. always beats me to the field.

I do Miracle League because...it's fun. I love being outside (when it's warm) and watching everybody else have fun. Did I mention I like to flirt with all the ladies? I get to play in two games and watch the older kids' game. I love clapping and cheering for all the older kids. I don't always like it when my mom or dad make me walk.

My favorite iPad app is...Elmo's Monster Maker.

To relax I...listen to music, look through my books, and play with bins of toys.

My dream vacation...is sitting in the warm Caribbean ocean in a float.

The best advice I've ever heard is..."Don't vacuum Henry. He doesn't like it." (Obviously directed at someone else!) I had spilled guinea pig bedding all over myself, the couch, and the floor.

The best movie ever is...The Muppet Movie (and maybe The Muppets), but it may just have been my favorite since that was when I discovered my love of popcorn!

 If I could meet any three celebrities, living or dead, I'd pick...Rachel from Signing Times (does it count if I've already met her?), John Denver because I love his music, and Elmo.

 A wise bear once said "wocka, wocka, wocka" and the world fell in love. That bear was Fozzie, and we can't blame Henry for loving the Muppets. We also can't blame Henry for loving Elmo (his laugh is infectious, just like Henry's)! And, we bet no one would blame us for just absolutely loving Henry, which is exactly what we do!



No comments:

Post a Comment