Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Get To Know...Coach Joe

Coach Joe absolutely loves Miracle League (we're certain the feeling is mutual). In his own words: "I look forward to each MLM game and count the weeks leading up to the season. Through the seasons, I cherish the relationships I have built and grown with the players. Nothing gets me more than an unexpected hug from a player. Equally touching is to have a player share something personal that happened to them that week leading up to game day."

Coach Joe's enthusiasm on the field is matched by his enthusiasm for his family! He's married to the beautiful Lynn Vesey (28 years now!) and is a proud father of two lovely girls, Allison and Kayla (who have been buddies before). Joe works for GlobalWare Solutions, an eCommerce fulfillment/distribution and supply chain company. Besides spending time at work, with us, and with the family, Joe dedicates a lot of his time to the First Baptist Church of Littleton, Mass. And if there is one item he uses more than his baseball glove, its his passport! Joe and Lynn are world travelers! Some of the greatest traveling fans on the planet, (really Lynn more than Joe), the pair just returned from BVI Tortola! It is clear Coach Joe makes a point to get the most out of life, spending just about every moment doing something he loves. We can all learn from Joe to make the most of life by doing what we enjoy and enjoying what we do!

 

My favorite part of Miracle League is...the players and all the smiles.

My favorite baseball team is...the Red Sox!

My favorite player is...Youkilis.

When I'm not watching baseball, my favorite show...was LOST, now it’s the Big Bang Theory.

The best song I've heard is...Love Shack by the B-52's… bang bang on the door baby!

My drive to ML on Saturdays is...full of anticipation, who will be there, is the field dry...

I do Miracle League because...of Kyle (one half of Double Trouble). He invited my wife Lynn to a game. We went and I’ve been here ever since!

My favorite website is...miracleleagueofma.com, of course!

To relax I...work in my flower gardens, paint watercolor pictures, golf, and watch movies.

My dream vacation...is one with all expenses paid.

Best advice I've ever heard is...stop worrying and just love your children.

The best movie ever is...Von Ryan’s Express!

If I could meet any three celebrities, living or dead, I'd pick...DaVinci (I’d love to discuss his art as well as his inventions), Bobby Orr (come on he’s Bobby Orr!), and John Henry, the principle owner of the Red Sox (I could tell him about MLM)!

 

Coach Joe is one of our absolute favorite coaches! It's a tossup to decide who is more excited to see whom on Saturdays, us to see him or him to see us!

 




 

1 comment:

  1. Alex absolutely loved him from day one! Great guy! thanks for being there every game!!!

    ReplyDelete