Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Get To Know...Coach Steve



We know him as fun-loving Coach Steve, who assigns us to our players or buddies each week and coaches us in our positions and at bat. You also might notice him slinking about the field, taking some of the best pictures a baseball league has ever seen (your baseball cards were made from his stunning pictures!). But, what you definitely notice him for is being quite the exact opposite of a belly itcher, he's one of our favorite pitchers!

But there's so much more to Coach Steve! His beautiful wife Donna has been with him for 18 years and they have two girls; Julia (11) and Sarah (9). The Northeastern U. alum grew up in Tewksbury but has lived in Maynard for the past 12 years where he works as a Speech-Language Pathologist in the Winchester Schools. Ever the runner and of course naturally the photographer (was he born with a camera in that hand?), Steve, Coach Steve, is one of MLM's best assets! (And, he's a life long Red Sox and Boston sports fan! Just the way we like our volunteers!)

My favorite part of Miracle League is... when the players cheer for each other. I also like it when they show off. Just kids being kids and players being players.

My favorite baseball team is...the Boston Red Sox, of course.

My favorite player is...Dustin Pedroia right now. All time it's Carl Yastrezemski.

When I'm not watching baseball, my favorite show is...Lost, but that's off the air now. I love Entourage, The Office, and How I Met Your Mother.

The best song I've heard was/is...That's a hard one. Not sure, but I'll tell you this, I LOVE music from the 1980s. I know every song.

My drive to ML on Saturdays is...in a hurry because I'm running late. Usually I stop at Dunkin Donuts.

I do Miracle League because...it helps me remember my brother. I see him in so many of our players. (Steve's brother lived with Spina Bifida.)

My favorite website is...Facebook, probably. I use it to reconnect with old friends and stay connected to new ones.

To relax I...run. No really, running long distances relaxes me. I like to think about my problems when I run. I usually find solutions out there on the road.

My dream vacation...would be a trip to Ireland. I want to re-trace my grandfather's steps as he moved to America about a hundred years ago. I've researched his life in Ireland. I even know his address in the little village where he lived. I'll get there someday.

Best advice I've ever heard...when I complained about having too much work to do, a coworker said, "How do you eat an elephant?" I said, "huh?" and he answered, "one bite at a time!" Basically, don't get overwhelmed. Chip away at the big projects.

The best movie ever was/is...Just one? Nah, The Godfather, Bull Durham, The Bad News Bears, just to name a few.

If I could meet any three celebrities, living or dead, I'd pick...George Washington (if anything, the guy is underrated), King George VI (from The King's Speech) and Bono (from U2, my favorite all-time band).


To sum it up, Coach Steve loves the film classics, keeping up with friends on Facebook, running, the Red Sox, and, most of all, Miracle League! Now we just love Coach Steve even more! Let us get to know you by sending an email to PressMLM@gmail.com!

1 comment:

  1. I grew up with coach Steve, and he's all that and more, he was my bestest friend!!! Congrats Steve!!!

    ReplyDelete